- Set out a large mixing bowl. Add in ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, egg and ‘The Original’ Bird’s Nest Chophouse Rub. Mix by hand until the meat mixture is very smooth.
- Press the meat down in the bowl into an even disk. Use a knife to cut and divide the hamburger patty mixture into 6 – 1/3 pound grill or skillet patties.
- Set out a baking sheet lined with wax paper or foil to hold the patties. One at a time, gather the patty mix and press firmly into patties. Shape them slightly larger than the buns you plan to use to account for shrinkage during cooking. Set the patties on the baking sheet. Use a spoon to press a dent in the center of each patty, so they don’t puff up as they cook.
- Preheat the grill or a skillet to medium heat, approximately 350-400°F.
- For thick patties: Grill or fry the patties for 3-4 minutes per side.
- For thin patties: Cook on the griddle for 2 minutes per side.
- Stack the hot patties on a hamburger bun, and top with your favourite hamburger toppings.
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz. ‘The Original’ Bird’s Nest Chophouse Rub
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs